At Yoga Alliance, we are committed to updating you and connecting with you through the global coronavirus pandemic. This health emergency has understandably caused concern and anxiety amongst our communities around the world. While we cannot eliminate all threats, we can take preventative steps to minimize risk.
We have compiled the below information—which we are updating regularly—to provide you information from a variety of sources on what resources exist as you face these known and unknown challenges surrounding your profession as a yoga school or studio owner and/or as a yoga trainer or teacher.
Transitioning Your School, Business, or Teaching to Online
Digital Events: Continuing Education Workshops, Community Sanghas and More
- How to Launch and Sell Your First Online Offering – November 19, 2020
- How to Protect Your Brand Online – November 16, 2020
- Meeting of the Minds: Successful Online Teacher Training –November 16, 2020
- Teaching Prenatal Virtually Through a Lens of Equity and Inclusivity – October 23, 2020
- Intro to Namastream: Elevate Your Wellness by Teaching Online – October 22, 2020
- How to Teach Your Best Live Zoom Yoga Class – October 9, 2020
- How to Teach Online: Quickstart Guide to Tech – September 14, 2020
- Essential Tools for Teaching Online – August 21, 2020
- Five Ways to Navigate Your Business Through the Pandemic – August 19, 2020
- Zoom 101: Where’s the Mute Button? – August 3, 2020
- Transitioning to Online Learning – July 27, 2020
- Ethics and Yoga, offering accessible yoga during these changing times – July 1, 2020
- Best Practices for Online Training, Part 1 and Part 2 –June 4, 2020
- Bringing Trauma Sensitive Principles to Online Yoga Instructions, Part 1 and Part 2 – June 4, 2020
- Why Self-Care Plays an Important Role in the Pivot to Teaching Yoga Online – May 6, 2020
- How to Teach Asana and Anatomy Online – April 21, 2020
- How to Cultivate Learning Efficacy and Measure the Success of Your Students While Teaching Online– April 28, 2020
- Teaching Online Strategically, Equitably, and Effectively –March 31, 2020
- Online Course Curriculum Webinar with Teachable.com – March 20, 2020
- How to Teach Yoga Online Course, by the Institute of Yoga Sports Science and British Wheel of Yoga
Tools & Resources
- Yoga Alliance Online Learning Education Resources Bundle – October 9, 2020
- Teaching Yoga Online: Resources, Support, and Love for Teaching During a Global Pandemic— March 23, 2020. A collection of resources produced by Francesca Cervero about how to stay connected to your students, how to keep teaching, and how to make money during this unique time, including resources on moving both group classes and private sessions online
- Bringing Yoga Trainings Online During Covid-19 by Yogaland — March 20, 2020. Co-hosts Andrea Ferretti and Jason Crandell of Yogaland Podcast spoke with Yoga Alliance’s Shannon Roche and Catherine Marquette to discuss ways to deliver yoga teacher training programs online rather than in-person.
- COVID-19 Resource Guide for Yoga Teachers & Movement Educators—a curated list by many within the yoga community of a plethora of tips, best practices, and other tools
- Distance Learning Resources for Schools Affected by COVID-19—tips from Google on ways in which to engage students through distance learning
- SCORE offers a small business resilience hub and mentorship throughout COVID-19.
- Google Classroom Help—Google’s resource center on how to set up distance learning and how to get started with Google Classroom
- Zoom Live Training Webinars—a list of daily live webinars on how to best leverage Zoom’s platform, hosted by experts from Zoom’s help desk
- Yoga Alliance’s Standards Review Project Online Learning Working Group Paper
- Yoga Alliance’s RYS Online Learning Best Practices
- Taking Your Teaching Online by Yoga Alliance Board Chair Kerry Maiorca (E-RYT 500, RPYT, YACEP)—an article on best practices and considerations with respect to moving your teaching online, including platforms, payments, and more
- How to Start Live Streaming for Your Community Today–an online article by MINDBODY on the difference between pre-recorded and live streaming classes and how to prepare for live streaming
- Video Guidelines for Partners—a list of guidelines to follow for recording your own
Re-opening Your Studio and Transitioning Back to In-Person Teaching
Best Practice Recommendations For Practicing Yoga During COVID19: US (pdf),International (pdf)
Compiled guidance to support yoga schools, businesses and professionals globally and in the United States for best practice recommendations during the COVID-19 pandemic.